Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu

Buildings

Eternal Wind

“Eternal Wind,” also known as the “Janet Hay Memorial,” was given to Boise State in 1998 to honor Hay, a 12-year member of the State Board of Education who represented Nampa in the state Legislature for three terms. The sculpture, which is surrounded … (Read More) Eternal Wind

Falk House

Falk House was rented to BJC by the Falks, a local merchant couple, in 1956. For the following four years, the Falk family continued to use the house as a summer home while 25 women lived there during the school … (Read More) Falk House

Marian Hall

Marian Hall was a women’s residence hall that Boise College students shared with St. Alphonsus nursing students. Boise College students lived in Marian Hall beginning from fall of 1968 to spring of 1970, before the building was scheduled for demolition … (Read More) Marian Hall

Langroise House

The Langroise House is a nearly six-thousand square foot house located in the Warm Springs Historic District. Gladys and William Langroise donated it to Boise State on the condition that it would be used as a home by the President … (Read More) Langroise House

St. Margaret’s School for Girls

St. Margaret’s School for Girls opened in 1892 in downtown Boise at 1st and Idaho Streets. The school housed local girls from secondary school to high school, but also served as a day school for nursery and kindergarten aged boys … (Read More) St. Margaret’s School for Girls

McCain Collection on Western Life

The McCain Collection was established in 1993 to augment Albertsons Library’s holdings on the Western United States. The collection was made possible through a generous endowment by Warren E. and Bernie McCain, supplemented by an additional one million dollar challenge … (Read More) McCain Collection on Western Life

Opaline Schoolhouse

The Opaline schoolhouse was built in 1914 in Owyhee County, Idaho. The students’ parents petitioned on March 23, 1914 that a School District be assigned to the west of Givens Springs. Their petition was accepted and was known as the … (Read More) Opaline Schoolhouse

Administration Building

The first building on campus, the Administration building originally included all classrooms, library, faculty offices, administrative offices, and student meeting space. It was built by the Works Progress Administration (WPA) and opened in the fall of 1940. In 1951 it … (Read More) Administration Building

Pavilion/ExtraMile Arena

The Pavilion, now ExtraMile Arena, opened in 1982. It is the venue for Broncos basketball, wrestling, and gymnastics teams, as well as concerts, commencements, and community events. The concept for the Pavilion, a multi-functional athletic complex, began in the early 1970s … (Read More) Pavilion/ExtraMile Arena

Boise Airport

Boise Junior College was built over Boise’s first airport. In the early months of 1926, Walter T. Varney (who later founded United Airlines) bid for a city owned marshland on the Boise River to develop a landing strip for the … (Read More) Boise Airport